Abit AN8 post code error: 50 - initialize usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGeMex

Baseband Member
Ok so i'm on my pc, chatting up girls, looking at crap, listening to crap, when all of a sudden I can't type, and can't use my mouse, I check, and the light is off on the underneath of my mouse, and the lights are no longer functioning on my keyboard (num lock etc), so what do I do? Reset of course...
I hit the reset button, it resets, but doesn't boot up, instead gets to the Abit screen and doesn't load up windows.

I turn off the power completely, try again, it doesn't turn on at all now. After a few times of it turning on and getting to the Abit screen, and some times it not even powering up at all, I check my motherboard manual for the diagnosis, it's post code 50, so i look up code 50 in the back of the manual, and there it is: 'Initialize USB'.
Does anyone have a clue as to what this means, I mean, reinstall usb drivers? Can't do that if it ain't booting up, right? Tried sketchily resetting the CMOS, nothing changed, tried moving jumpers to enable/disable certain usb ports. I don't know what else to do, never had any problems like this before with it.

Setup is in my sig, i had my mic, webcam, mouse and keyboard plugged into usb ports at the time. Tried turning it on with em not plugged in, with em plugged in different ports etc. I'd be SO grateful if you could take the time to reply. THANKSS

Try just booting with the core component. Disconnect or unplug any other device beside the CPU, RAM, Video Card and keyboard. See if you can get pass POST and this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom