You are running out of space on recovery d:....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanwest

In Runtime
hello my vista computer uses "recoery: d" for backup. it is now full. the backups fail because it is full, plus i get this message at bottom right of screen about it running out of space and to free space click here. when i click there is nothing to free. but the drive is full.

what can i safely delete form this drive?

i would say if your computer is running ok then just delete all of them and create new ones. however, just to be safe you should run virus scans before. then maybe getting an external hard drive to store all your backups and data.

All of what? The files on the drive?

Let me explain the problem again.

Every few minutes this box comes up at the bottom right corner of the screen, syaing "low disk space" telling me im running out of disk space on recovery d:

But when i click it and go through it it calculates how much u can delete and then shows two options, each of which clears 0 bytes.

When I click into the recovery D: drive in 'computer', for example the 'dell' folder in it, it has different contents to the one on the c: drive. it has a large .wim file.

So if this drive is not a mirror image of my c: drive, what is it? What can I safely delete from it? What is safe to delete from it? How do I stop this message?

I do not know anythign about comptuers by the way.

try resizing the partition that might work, is this the whole recovery partition for your hard drive? ie, when you turn the comp on you get the option to recover the factory settings by pressing one of the function buttons?

What I found my friend doing was he didn't understand how to make a recovery disk from the Recovery partition. Because the company's are too cheap to send a restore disk you have to make a restore disk from this partition. When he was prompted to make the recovery disk he chose the wrong option and when he ran it it extracted all the files back onto the partition instead of the CD ROM or DVD ROM. So he ended up with multiple restore files on partition. You need to go into help and look up making a recovery disk and it will walk you through it and then you can clean up the partition.

I did the about.com thing, and the message still comes up.

What is the partition for then?

It keeps saying whenever it's doing a backup, "the last backup failed". Because the recovery D: is full.

I would suggest you get a external harddrive and do your backups there. you shouldnt be putting anything in that partition since I be that is for the dell recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom