Dell is retarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrstang

Daemon Poster
I have a dell for a side computer and it has 256 mb ram.

Well Dell...like geniuses decided it was a good idea to set the AGP aperture size to 256 mb...well that leaves me with 0 ram when the ONBOARD video tries to do something

i reduced it to 128mb and everything is SOOOO much smoother

"Dude, You're getting a Dell!"

hahahaa... or as i like to say.....

"Dude, I'm NOT getting a Dell!!" (to parody their crappy commercials)

Dell is an excellent computer manufacturer. I work at a computer sellin store and you should see some of the crap other companies put in their systems.

Lol, which is why you should custom build your own, or find a friend to build one for you!

One of the best "features" I've seen in a dell system so far is 128MB of memory shared between the system and the vid card on a P4 3.0Ghz system :/

bla!! said:
Lol, which is why you should custom build your own, or find a friend to build one for you!

One of the best "features" I've seen in a dell system so far is 128MB of memory shared between the system and the vid card on a P4 3.0Ghz system :/

i have 256 shard on a 2.4ghz 533fsb system...it hurts

I did build my own-see sig-but my family needed one and they wanted a warranty.

Warranty?What on earth for????? Ive had like 15 pc's/macs over the years and the only thing Ive had fail so far was a power supply and a cd burner........both were 5 years old or better.

poipo said:
Dell is an excellent computer manufacturer. I work at a computer sellin store and you should see some of the crap other companies put in their systems.

Couldn't agree more. Their customer service/tech support is crappy as all h*ll but then again - Gateway, HP, and rest of the OEMs aren't much better either. But among the OEMs I would give them the best rating as far as their quality goes.

slvrstang, i can empathize w/ your gripe, i had a dell system i had some problems w/ few years ago myself. But OEM's like Dell do that purely for efficiency reasons. It's very much like a car assembly line where every particular model gets pre-configured the same way. It allows for the assembly workers (largely uneducated about computers) to simply follow the drill and rather than tweaking each unit before it ships out. No offense but they're not trained for that kind of tweaking, they're trained to install part A and pass it to the next person who is supposed to install part B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom