OCing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdygeek

In Runtime
Hey guys so far I am at 1400fsb and a 7x multiplyer without votlage increase. I can't seem to up the multiplyer. Is my CPU limited at 7? and what program should I use to check if it is stable. And when should I up the vcore? Thanks.

Hi, i have the same CPU. Up the Vcore when its unstable and I used prime 95 on both cores to test mine. But there are many more testing programs than that.

Pretty sure that the processor you have does not have an unlocked multi I could be wrong though.

So wait for someone else to chim in.

Now I could recit the entire advice of overclocking word for word.
But I won't, because I lazy! :p
So I will just link you to ths VERY good overclocking Guide.
Core2Duo Overclocking Guide v1.1

In the end its not that hard. The basics, the extreme basics Are:

Up CPU frequency > test for stability > if stable, then more CPU frequency increases, if not stable adjust/modify Any combination or Vcore, RAM Voltage, FSB voltage, MCH voltage and memory timmings.

Continue in a loop.

Pretty sure that the processor you have does not have an unlocked multi I could be wrong though.

Mines locked so im sure his is also. Although I can step down to 6.
BTW im at 2.94ghz and its my first time overclocking.It is so simple. But i cant seem to get much further than this do to heat issues.

Yeah the multiplier on the E6320 is locked. You can only choose from 6x or 7x. And if you are having heat issues, then get aftermarket cooling. Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro is a good aftermarket hsf.

I am idling at roughly 20-22c. My room is downsatairs and my case is bomb. But I am using PC alert 4 to monitor CPU my ntune monitor won't show me my CPU temp its wierd.

Thanks I have a Tuniq Tower I am about to order from Petras Tech shop. COuldn't justify the thermalright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom