think its good for my dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
k well my dad beign as spontanious as he is went out and bought a new comp at future shop today and this is what hes got

its an hp with a 5200+x2 and 2 gigs ram vista ultimate tv tunner it had a 6150 integrated vga but he bought a 8600gts logitech z5300 500gb western digital hd logitech mx 5000 combinations keyboard and mouse and he payed 2000 bucks for it on a payment plan oh and a 22inch lg lcd with 3000:1 contrast and a 2ms refresh rater at a res of 1600x1200 but were trading monitors cause got 2 19 inch lg

What?!...2000? And theres no GTX or C2D? Not to offend, but I think he got ripped off.

What?!...2000? And theres no GTX or C2D? Not to offend, but I think he got ripped off.
He asked for your opinion, and if it offends anyone - well, next time he won't ask. :laughing: However I think that's a pretty good deal for a local store price.

What's interesting is that I recently went to Vancouver and stopped by Future Shop ... their prices were average with my locals, Best Buy, Circuit City - but the point, the best graphics card they had (which was locked up behind a case), was a 7900. I found that a bit odd...so I asked the guy working there, and he said it's the highest they carried, but could special order one if I had something specific in mind.

What does your pop do on the PC? Massive gaming? :rolleyes:

But I mean for $2000, he could of gotten so much more from newegg, and just let his son build it.

the monitors nice the graphics card isn't the cpu is good for stock but if he had overclocked he could of easily reached those speeds. for technophobe parent that is a good buy for an up to date computer builder its a rip off. With 509 posts I hope you would no better then to buy it but for a parent meh my dad buys shitty dells lol

But I mean for $2000, he could of gotten so much more from newegg, and just let his son build it.
Who says his son has any interest in doing that? :D But yeah, I know.

the monitors nice the graphics card isn't the cpu is good for stock but if he had overclocked he could of easily reached those speeds. for technophobe parent that is a good buy for an up to date computer builder its a rip off. With 509 posts I hope you would no better then to buy it but for a parent meh my dad buys shitty dells lol
What makes you say... "the graphics card isn't [nice]"? Because a better one exists?

well if he is using it as a htpc which I am guessing it is suppose to be with the high stock speed cpu and tuner card and the 8600gt which is for budget gaming and htpc use primarily.

an x1900 would of been better choice if he was a gamer

I think he got a pretty good deal, because it did come with everything not just the tower.

cant he just return it. persuade him to return it and buy parts of newegg
for 2000$ u will get a sick comp, much better then what he got. including everything u can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom