New RD790 chipset runs 4 graphic cards....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that would be impossible, because you can only use single slot graphic cards, to utilize all 4 PCIe slots.

if u guys notice, the crossfire is color coded so badly, the last 2 PCI-E 2.0 slots r in the wrong places. Think about it, put 2 8800 GTX's in only the blue slots, that leaves only one orange PCI-E 2.0 to use n PCI because they are overlapping the other slots.

That is so pointless man even 2x 8800GTX gets bottlenecked by the q6800 in gaming.

which is why you use a watercooled and highly OCed Quadcore, to get the best you possibly can from the GPUs.

It wants to be an intel board really.

lol how pointless, and typically it uses an amd cpu....the really need to sort things out.
There's nothing wrong with AMD CPU's.
Have you heard much about K10? (the CPU this motherboard is designed for)

Its rediculous shiny blue heatsink makes me laugh
That's a Gigabyte cooler. You don't have to get one if you don't like it. I'm pretty sure it won't come with the motherboard.

if u guys notice, the crossfire is color coded so badly, the last 2 PCI-E 2.0 slots r in the wrong places. Think about it, put 2 8800 GTX's in only the blue slots, that leaves only one orange PCI-E 2.0 to use n PCI because they are overlapping the other slots.
Which is really the fault of the GPU makers, because their cards run so hot they need dual slot coolers.

I think even regular SLI is a waste of money, however. Unless you are hellbent on achieving world record 3dmark scores or something.
"Nvidia did it", hopefully it will be better than my quad sli:(, at the time it seems like a good idea but you end up kicking yourself in the face. However if it was running 4 8800's then i'd be impressed
You have quad SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom