New RD790 chipset runs 4 graphic cards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Fudzilla - Gigabyte RD790 runs four graphics cards

Gigabyte is the first to jump the guns with RD790 chipset and there will be a few live demos at the show. The chipset has been sampling since Cebit but this will be the first live demo of it.

Gigabyte brands its board as GA-M790-DQ6 with four yet to be announced Radeon HD 2600XT with 256 MB 128 bit memory and passive cooling.

These cards will launch in July at least officially. The motherboard itself supports Athlon AM2+ CPUs and Agena – Phenom X series m four DDR2 and a cheap aluminum , copper painted silent pipe cooling.

you can only get four single slot cards inside and if you use four there will work at 8X mode. Its good to see two PCI slots on the board and six SATA ports.

Some pics:
790chipset.jpg

790chipset1.jpg

790chipset2.jpg

lol....so useless...

lol how pointless, and typically it uses an amd cpu....the really need to sort things out.

Its rediculous shiny blue heatsink makes me laugh

I guess it's for bragging rights. "Hey man, I'm running 4 graphic cards!" But I imagine the heat output of those things together, would be a lot, since they're passively cooled. I'd rather have 2 high end cards.

uhh darn it, so close to what i want, but it has 2 extra PCI-E slots instead of two. B1gapl, u know if this board supports PCI-E 2.0 n HT 3.0?

I don't know about this particular motherboard, but I do know the 790s support HT 3.0 and PCIe 2.0, since it supports AM2+.

"Nvidia did it", hopefully it will be better than my quad sli:(, at the time it seems like a good idea but you end up kicking yourself in the face. However if it was running 4 8800's then i'd be impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom