My Build So far..

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol true enough only freaks like us...
but still...i dont think that even if i had the money to spend that i would be able to justify the price difference vs performance. but there aint no way i would ever spend 1k on a cpu, so i guess my point is moot. woot lol.

lol true enough only freaks like us...
but still...i dont think that even if i had the money to spend that i would be able to justify the price difference vs performance. but there aint no way i would ever spend 1k on a cpu, so i guess my point is moot. woot lol.

I'm not saying buy an ex6800! :p I was just showing the benchmark to compare clock speeds via C2D and AMD x2.

but if you have the money I would imagine you'd choose something like a e4300, e6320...something like that, right?

I chose an e6300 and going from my 4400x2 @ 3.03 ghz I noticed a huge difference.

I'm not saying buy an ex6800! :p I was just showing the benchmark to compare clock speeds via C2D and AMD x2.

but if you have the money I would imagine you'd choose something like a e4300, e6320...something like that, right?

I chose an e6300 and going from my 4400x2 @ 3.03 ghz I noticed a huge difference.

where (ie what applications) did you notice the difference, if i may ask? also, did you notice the difference with your c2d clocked as it is now, or at its stock speed? a c2d @ 3ghz vs an x2 @ 3ghz...lol yepper, there is certainly a difference there.

where (ie what applications) did you notice the difference, if i may ask? also, did you notice the difference with your c2d clocked as it is now, or at its stock speed? a c2d @ 3ghz vs an x2 @ 3ghz...lol yepper, there is certainly a difference there.

General windows use, particularly in Vista Ultimate 64 is much smoother and snappier...much of this is probably due to faster ddr2 memory as well.

and I play a lot of Quake 4....during heavy multiplayer fights (ctf) the fps used to drop down to 45 or even lower sometimes and I thought this was due to my GPU...but now it never happens on my C2D setup.

And yes I was comparing 3ghz to 3ghz. :p My AMD x2 @ 3.03 would have stomped on the e6300 @ 1.83

^^lol^^ good one.

"thou shalt not cut or modify your gpu to fit a slot it was not intended for."
"thou shalt not use ice and saran wrap as a cooling system" (my favorite...)

General windows use, particularly in Vista Ultimate 64 is much smoother and snappier...much of this is probably due to faster ddr2 memory as well.

and I play a lot of Quake 4....during heavy multiplayer fights (ctf) the fps used to drop down to 45 or even lower sometimes and I thought this was due to my GPU...but now it never happens on my C2D setup.

And yes I was comparing 3ghz to 3ghz. :p My AMD x2 @ 3.03 would have stomped on the e6300 @ 1.83

hrmm, really? i heard that the x2's were better performers in 64 bit applications, but have not seen evidence of this.
ah, yes the ol' s939 x2's. you made a quality upgrade. tho the s939's are still pretty awesome.

hrmm, really? i heard that the x2's were better performers in 64 bit applications, but have not seen evidence of this.
ah, yes the ol' s939 x2's. you made a quality upgrade. tho the s939's are still pretty awesome.

...where'd you hear that? From what I've seen the C2D's outperform AMD in every way at the same clockspeeds.

...where'd you hear that? From what I've seen the C2D's outperform AMD in every way at the same clockspeeds.

yeah, really depends on the app/bench, though. at close clock speeds (stock) they perform pretty darn close. amd does win a few benches with a stock clock a little higher (i.e. e6300 vs x2 4000). but not many lol. but i cant remember where i read about the 64 bit performance...and i definitely am not professing it to be the truth. heh...could likely be just a nasty rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom