AGP or PCI??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunulos

Baseband Member
Im looking to buy a GeForce 7900GS but i have no PCIe slots, will i be able to find this somewhere for PCI? or would it be best to go with AGP.
How do i find out what speed my AGP slot is?

Download a program called CPU-Z. Just google it. And when you open the program, it will tell you the speed of your AGP slot, under the mainboard tab. Actually it won't really matter. For example, if your AGP slot is an 8x slot. And you get a 4x or 2x AGP card, it will just run at it's designated speed in the 8x slot. If you get an 8x AGP card, and put it in a 2x or 4x slot, it will downgrade to run at the speed of the slot. AGP is better than PCI, so what is your budget for a graphic card?

if your willing to spend so much money then you will probably be better off upgrading your whole system agp is old news and so cards are actually more expensive to buy as there are less produced supply/demand

Thx, ok agp speed is 4x.

No budget really so long as its worth it, i just want something to last til the end of the year. the rest of my system isnt top of the line so i dont need geforce 8.

Just picked out what i wanted on newegg, when i realised they did US only :(

Any good sites that will ship to UK/Ireland?

well i only want something to tide me over til end of year, then i want a buffed up laptop.

This comp will still be used when im done with it so its not so bad

uk websites:

overclockers.co.uk
dabs.com
kustompcs.co.uk
scan.com
ebuyer.com

you can't get an 8 series agp card anyway. A laptop will never match a desktop for gaming performance I think your just wasting your money in further investing in a dying technology when for £300 you can get an amd motherboard and cpu and then a decent pci-express graphics card

lmao:"The 7950 thinks it's an army and so will your opponents when you hit them with this baby"

XD!....I just read that too. I'll have to agree with salty again, on building a new comp.

How do you guys write that currency sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom