what exactly is happening on the 22nd of july?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicAudio

Baseband Member
hello, so far i know there are gonna be great deals on intel chips... does that include laptops?

is it single cpu's or entire systems?

at what percent will the prices drop?

im hoping that the july 22nd sale will drop laptop sales down... i plan to get one for college....

Hey buddy!

On July 22, there will be a launch of 4 new Core 2 Duo processors, to add to the Conroe line. And in addition, the price cuts of the current C2D processors. I think these price cuts, are geared mostly towards the desktop processors. I haven't heard anything on the laptop chips. It is for single CPU chips, and it will affect prebuilt systems too, I'm guessing. Don't know the percentage drop, but it's significant. For example the quad core Q6600 is dropping down from $530 to about $270.

the price drops are due to intel needing to undermine AMD's new desktop and server line which will be first released july 22nd and gradually more will be released through to november theres about 30 new chips coming out

no I don't care for intel anymore I am more interested in what AMD are doing afterall they have been down on there luck lately they hav to pull something big out or there going to begin to lose all of there buisiness

wow, a Q66 will be tempting if it is that sort of price in the UK.

We pay in £ what you guys pay in $ for CPUs sometimes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom