Alright I was bored...rate my PC lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry this is a repost, but nobody else is answering my other thread:

i have a pentium4 2.4C and im trying to overclock it. i also have a gigabyte motherboard. So I guess I'm supposed to slowly crank up the FSB and then test it with a consuming application.

well, i accessed the bios. it says:

Linear Frequency Control:
- CPU Clock (MHz): 100
- DRAM Clock(MHz): 200

im guessing im changing the DRAM? Because i have a 2.4 which means its 200 x 12, right? Is that how I can mod FSB? Cuz I can't find any other options...

Thanks.

hmmmm.... CPU clock = 100
see if you can match the 100 to one of the specs of the CPU, might be what it's talking about

some mobo's don't support overclocking at all, some don't allow overclocking with the FSB, some don't allow changing of the multiplpier.
you may not be able to change the FSB

so yeah it is the cpu clock, i just have to change it to manual instead of what it was. basically, i have to set it to 200 to get what i am right now. when i do this, the dram goes up, should i just let it go up?

i guess not...but i have another problem now. whenever i up it ANY, and save and exit my bios, the computer screen goes black for maybe 10-15 seconds and reboots without remembering i changed anything at all...

could this be a ram issue? i have one stick of 512 pc2700..

thats not right though...i couldnt even notch it up one,

and when using the gigabyte easytune4 software i was able to overclock somewhat

I know on my good motherboard (aBit) when i clock too high to boot, it will clear my CMOS for me after a bit when I turn it on, reverting it back to the "stock" specs (and subsequently giving me an "F1"-type error)

I dont think your motherboard would be doing this after very minimal overclocking tho, so it must be something else. Are there there anything that clocks the memory down like a column that says something like

(CPU : MEMORY : AGP ) = 3 : 3 : 2

or something similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom