Check my build please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJDarknez

Baseband Member
Wow, nice to see the site finally upgraded...still need to go to .6.7 though :D

Anyways, I'm about to build a 64-bit PC, and I'd like to run the components by you savvy folks to make sure what I'm about to order will all match up. I'm pretty sure it will, this'll be my second PC build, but I'd hate to have to through the process of returning stuff, etc...

So here we go. Everything is NewEgg since I had a pretty good buying experience with them last time.

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Processor:
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Video Card:
Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H195PRQT256DVN-R-V2 Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 IceQ3 Turbo VIVO HDCP Video Card - Retail

RAM (x4):
Newegg.com - Patriot eXtreme Performance 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Retail

Power Supply:
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Purepower RX W0141RU ATX12V 450W Cable Management / Active PFC / 14CM Fan Power Supply - Retail

HDD's (x2? 3? Don't know yet):
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000KSRTL 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Retail

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT:

Sorry, forgot to mention I plan on running Vista 64 Ultimate OEM.

You can save a lot of money, by going with these parts:

RAM:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Get this motherboard instead, because the 650i chipset is cheaper, and actually performs better in SLI performance, compared to the 680i:
Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Save a lot by going with an OEM hard drive. This 500GB is way cheaper, compared to the WD:
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Better power supply, for the money:
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W SLI Ready-ATX 12V V2.01 Power Supply 115/230 V CSA,UL,TUV - Retail

Much more powerful graphic card:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100186L Radeon X1950XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP Video Card - Retail

get the samsung spinpoints for better performance or seagate barracudas for longr warranty and better performance then the westernD but slower then the samsung

You don't need 8gb of ram. 2gb is all you need for gaming and everything else, unless you are planning on video and graphic editing. Saltynay, show your ram usage diagram...lol.

get the samsung spinpoints for better performance or seagate barracudas for longr warranty and better performance then the westernD but slower then the samsung

Samsung is a possibility, but I don't trust Seagate. They've let me down in the past in a big and painful way.

You don't need 8gb of ram. 2gb is all you need for gaming and everything else, unless you are video and graphic editing. Saltynay, show your ram usage diagram...lol.

Video editing is exactly right. Sony Vegas for video, AutoCAD and Photoshop/ImageReady/3DStudio for graphics.

Oh ok, then get 4gb of ram. 8gb is overkill right now.

Definitely get that Samsung hard drive, I posted earlier. You can't go wrong with a 500GB hard drive for $114.99

Fair enough. I'll change the RAM and the MoBo then. HDD's too. I've had pretty good luck with WD, but I'll give Samsung a shot.

Also check out the power supply and graphic card, I suggested earlier. That graphic card is much more powerful and cheaper. So it's a great bang for your buck card. If you have the extra funds, you can go for the 8800GTS 320mb. The power supply in my earlier post, is great for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom