Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntstopthecrooks

In Runtime
I am getting a new computer and I want to get a wireless adapter that will work perfect i dont care how expensive it is. Upstairs there is a dsl modem running to a lynksys 2.4 ghz router( dont know what its called) . I want to run a wireless connection off that router. Right now i have cheap usb netgear wireless adapter that works HORRIBLE. It wont even get my in home connection good. I also have a linksys adapter but I lost the cds to it and i dont know how to get it configured. I know nothing about comptuer i dont know how to do code and stuff to make it work. I hooked up with router and all i know is it doesnt work well. Once in a while my netgear adapter will mooch off the neighbors internet. If i get a good adapter it should work well with my neighbors, because I'm not sure if my router upstairs is even hooked up right so that i can run wireless internet. I need the best adapter i can find and I'm also willing to buy a bridge or whatever its called to make the connection longer and stabeler. I also would like to know if anyone could help me on setting up my router properly . I have no cds and ive tryed downloading off the linksys website and when i install the set up instructions it says i need the cd so i mite even need a new router. HELPPPPPP!

ok calm down you asked in the right place
now im no expert (run wireless router and network at home but dad set it up) first off unless you are very very lucky you are not going to get 100% signal str all over your house.

but that beening said there are things you can do to improve it.

placement ofthe router - if you have the book? read it some (like my netgear) dont like to be placed near water eg fish tank boiler etc some need two areils fine the best logical place for your router.

router specs what router do you have you mention it if you can find out it would help as you need to know what tech it runs A B G or N

on the other hand depending on you budget and other computers you buy a new router bundled with an adpator which if it does not work the company netgear, dynamo to suporrt it. rather then use two companys which they will always say it ***** fault you should have brought our adpator.

a gd bundle deals follows

<URL="http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/117886">1</URL>
<url="http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/118010">2</url>
i have had three netgear routers and found them very easy to use / setup and the support is great others may surgest anouthe manufactur but in the end its up to you.

btw you dont mention is it for a desktop or laptop do you want pci or usb?

its for a desktop i want pci my current router is LINKSYS WRT54GL IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless-G Broadband Router - Retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom