Upgrading motherboard, processor and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not that confident in putting the processor in etc, the most i've done before is plug my new graphics card into my old motherboard and switched my PSU. Is it easy and do-able? And i assume the fan and stuff for the processor is included with the fan or processor?

Thanks for going to this effort for me!

It's not as hard as it looks. And yes, the heatsink and fan does come with the processor.

All you have to do is, unhook the latch of the socket, so you can lift open the socket cover. Don't forget to remove the protective plastic thing on the cover. Then just drop in the processor into the socket. It only fits one way. Close the cover, and hook the latch back. There are instructions anyway, that come with the processor, on how to install it.

How can you tell the two motherboards are the same?

Are they identical or do they vary slightly in specification? The two pictures on the different websites vary a little and they have different names.

Also, I have a Windows Vista CD key, which i get free with my University. If I torrent a download of it, will i be able to use the CD key with that download, or do i have to use the slow university download system?

Oh...the motherboards aren't the same, because I couldn't find the same one at ebuyer. But that motherboard from ebuyer, is a very good motherboard.

I don't think we're allowed to talk about torrents on this forum.

Ok! Thanks again, I'll come back with more questions when it all arrives and I get stuck putting it together :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom