Laptop Won't Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcryinginrainxx

Baseband Member
My laptop won't hold a charge. If you wiggle the cord around a bit it might, but then it stops charging after a minute or so. Last night I managed to charge it completely.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I know it can't be the battery since the battery lasts a pretty long time when it IS charged, but it just doesn't charge good. I'm not sure what's wrong with it.

Are you sure it can't be the thing inside the laptop itself?

It's a little more complicated, if it's under warranty you should be able to get it fix. It might require a motherboard swap or some soldering which I don't think you might be conformable doing.

BTW what's the brand and model of the laptop?

All I know is it's an HP.

It's not under warranty anymore, but there's a tech repair store I know of that i'm thinking of going to.

I have an HP Pavilion ze4553 laptop that was a gift. Is came with a bad battery, and I did some research and found out that some HP laptops were recalled for volatile batteries that would go bad and some exploded. Literally - I saw a video (nasty).HP will replace it if it's one with a bad battery. Mine ony runs on AC, but sometimes loses connection.

I think its the contact with the power cord and the laptop power port.

I've seen this problem on a friends PC while I was in the Navy. For him; the problem was that the dc plug was not making good contact within the laptop, you could wiggle the cord and the connection would come back but eventually it just got so bad it wouldn't work at all. Because he bought it in Dubai he couldn't really take it back so he bought a new one from an online store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom