Intel Dual Core Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
=[ I feel so left back, running a P4

*crying a river*

i have a p4 too...
pentium4gn0.jpg

OK you all have been very helpful the only reason I asked this question was because I am about to buy a new board for my setup i have and was looking into the dual cores I right now have the one I built and a HP with an AMD 64 athlon X2 4200+ with 1gb of ram and sometimes it gets slow. So i'm jumping ship to an Intel and couldn't figure out which would be better with all the multitasking I do. I need to upgrade but keep my budget under $300 as my wife keeps telling me what i have is good enough but the built computer can't handle the games I play and the HP well it's my wifes so i hardly ever get on it but with insite you all have givin me I think I've made my mind up to go with a Core2Duo
Matt

yet 5 seconds of encoding mean a lot.

I agree. 5 seconds ain't sh..t. When a processor beats the other by say...120 seconds than maybe.

I kinda regret buying my system when I did. I paid too much for my processor. $320 and now it costs way less. I just built a Brisbane 3600+($69) for a buddy and sure, my pc is significantly faster than his but again...it won't change my life.

Next time I will not spend more than $200 on a processor.

Good luck

OK you all have been very helpful the only reason I asked this question was because I am about to buy a new board for my setup i have and was looking into the dual cores I right now have the one I built and a HP with an AMD 64 athlon X2 4200+ with 1gb of ram and sometimes it gets slow. So i'm jumping ship to an Intel and couldn't figure out which would be better with all the multitasking I do. I need to upgrade but keep my budget under $300 as my wife keeps telling me what i have is good enough but the built computer can't handle the games I play and the HP well it's my wifes so i hardly ever get on it but with insite you all have givin me I think I've made my mind up to go with a Core2Duo
Matt

well depending on what games you play 4200+ is enough but if your playing on Vista then you might want another gig of ram. That should increase ur performacne .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom