new HSF needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdygeek

In Runtime
Hey guys I am using the stock CPU cooler and it is loud as ****. I knew I was going to need a new HSF but I can't decide which one. I will be doing heavy OCing and right now my cpu idle temp is in between 19-21 C. I can't decide whether to get the tuniq tower for $50 or a thermalright ultra and a scythe sflex fan for $75. And if any of you could send some links for guides to OC this build I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hey guys I am using the stock CPU cooler and it is loud as ****. I knew I was going to need a new HSF but I can't decide which one. I will be doing heavy OCing and right now my cpu idle temp is in between 19-21 C. I can't decide whether to get the tuniq tower for $50 or a thermalright ultra and a scythe sflex fan for $75. And if any of you could send some links for guides to OC this build I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

19 C???? omg... u might go in the negatives if u use b1gapl's suggestions, or an arctic freezer pro 7

Yea I actually live in AZ my dad just keeps the house fairly cold, 76F, and my room is in the basement so you know. But 19c is what the bios sais and PC alert 4 so w/e. Anyhow will I actually see $25 more cooling with the thermalright. And thanks b1pal.

19 C???? omg... u might go in the negatives if u use b1gapl's suggestions, or an arctic freezer pro 7

Uh no, you can never be TOO much below Room temp On air Cooling. (Provided the Sensors are 100% accurate, which they almost never are, Unless your using a physical Probe and NOT Software)

Before I OCed my Proc it was Idleing at 19C.

With the OC it idles at 26C.

The Thermalright 120Extreme cools better, but in my opinion, the up to 5 or whatever temperature it cools better is not worth the 25 more dollars. People will probably recommend it over the Tuniq Tower, but that's because it's not their money they're wasting.

if you are idling at 19*, you dont need to do anything. if you are heavily overclocking i would keep that stock cooler until idle temps come up into the high 30's.
just me, tho. if it aint broke, dont fix it.

yea, just leave it on stock. Aim to have the load temps no higher than 60C. If you are getting higher than that, then buy a new cooler.

Yea but the problem is this stock cooler is a loud piece. Since my case is so open, due to the side fans, I can hear it way above anything else. So I think I might just go with the tuniq. Does anyone know exactly what the decibels are? They didn't have it posted.

Yea but the problem is this stock cooler is a loud piece. Since my case is so open, due to the side fans, I can hear it way above anything else. So I think I might just go with the tuniq. Does anyone know exactly what the decibels are? They didn't have it posted.

no, but I can tell you that on minimum speed you can barely hear it at all, and on max it is very loud. it doesn't make a difference to the temps though, so just leave it on minimum. Very good sink, I'd recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom