Windows Vista + Net = Wierdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjiKiran

Solid State Member
Best way I can describe it in the subject. Ever since I loaded Vista Ult(both 32 and 64bit versions exhibit the same problem) after a while of usage my net kind of just well to put it short stops working. Basically its as if im not connected to the internet anymore.... why? I really have no bloody idea. The only solution has been to restart my computer and viola everything works oki doki again.(Logging out and logging back in doesnt work)

If it helps any im using the ethernet on my nvidia(680i chipset) motherboard. Just to give you an idea of that. Hmmm, I really wish I could explain it in better detail but there really isnt much for me to say. It seemed to work fine on XP, then again I wasnt running XP for that long on this rig so I really couldnt tell. Its not my ISP or connection quality otherwise it wouldnt just randomely start working again when I reboot... would of also been a problem b4 if it was so.

have you tried to install the latest Vista drivers for your motherboard (incl ethernet of course) ?

Yea I have, running the latest from nvidias website.(The package comes with the mobo drivers, ether drivers and the such)

Are you sure that isnt one of the known bugs in the drivers from the nvidia site? Have you tried just leaving the Vista drivers installed and see if the problem persists?

Only thing i can think of would be a firewall. Have you installed one?

An update:

It seems to happen only when I have ICS running. With or without my laptop getting the shared connection.

When it stopped working on my main computer tho I could still use my laptop to surf around though which is odd.

So yea, its fixed without running ICS period but still a wierd little bug. I'll check the nforce patch notes in a bit to see if its an issue with vista but I dont know if it is or not.

Anyway as for firewall I always have it disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom