Woot! Santa wears brown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh No pics yet, but I do have a question, how do you set a second hard drive as slave with no jumpers... my 500GB wd cavier is a brick right now, computer is reading it, vista isnt... how do you set it as a slave?

Depending on which SATA port you put it into determines the slave. Ex: You have 3 SATA ports labeled 1,2, and 3 respectively. If you connect a drive to port 1 its automatically the Master and the drives plugged into 2 and 3 are slaves.

Depending on which SATA port you put it into determines the slave. Ex: You have 3 SATA ports labeled 1,2, and 3 respectively. If you connect a drive to port 1 its automatically the Master and the drives plugged into 2 and 3 are slaves.

Wait, then why do i have like a lot of masters on my board?

I have the ASUS P5B Deluxe and on the manual it says all the red ones are master and the black ones are slave, the sata things. But I have like 4 red ones and like 2 black ones, does that mean I have like 4 master drives and 2 slave ones?

How does that work, i really dont get the slave and master thing. So if I want to install windows vista on my raptor 150 gb, i put that on the red sata port since its master. Now where do i put my 320 gb seagate ones? on the black sata ports where it is a slave? or can i still put it on the red port and use it as a hard drive where i put files in but not any OS.

Or is the reason why i have like 4 of those master ones is so i can set raid arrays onto it? Hm........ . I think thats it isnt it?

Edit: And oh good luck on your build. Lucky you, didnt get any bad parts sent to you by newegg. I got a bad PSU :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom