Building new rig, help with what parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDrIoT69

In Runtime
This is more of a testing the waters. I plan on building a new rig mid October, so i just want to get a feel for what a good rig currently would be. Its mainly for gaming.

Im not sure what to get though. Heres what i can think of so far:

Case: Antec Nine Hundred

Gfx: EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

Harddrive: WD 250GB SATA 3.0

Processor: ? (I know about the price drop)

Ram: ? (at least 3gigs)

Mobo: ?

Sound Card: ?

Optical Drives: ?

PSU: ?

For the ?, im not sure whats good with those, so any help would be appreciated. Also anything else im missing.

Case - Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 or Thermaltake Armor or Antec 900
Motherboard - MSI P6N SLI Platinum or MSI P6N SLI-FI(For cheaper)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or Q6600($270 on July 22)
RAM - G.SKILL 2GB HZs
Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX
Power supply - Corsair 620HX or Cosair 520HX(For cheaper)
Hard drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD-RW+/- Burner
Aftermarket cooling - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro(If overclocking) or Tuniq 120(If you have the extra money)

Heres a rough draft of suggested parts, that come to about $1600-1700. I'm guessing your budget is somewhere around there, since you mentioned the GTX. For gaming, 2gb of ram is plenty, for now.

You need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.?

oops....I didn't see that you were doing this build in October. Actually around October, or I think November, the new AMD processors are suppose to be released. Maybe you would want to wait for that?

What do you mean my budget is around $1600-1700 because of the GTX. Is the Ultra really worth it?

The reason i said 3gigs for ram is i'd like my new rig to last me 4-5 years, like my current rig has.

Has there been any news about the new AMD Processor. I ask because in the news, it appears Intel is doing better, is the new AMD suppose to be better than the Intels? What about the price of it.

Supposedly the new AMDs are better. I'm not sure yet. We'll have to wait and see, for benchmarks. As of right now, Intel is better.

The Ultra is never worth it, because the GTX can overclock to Ultra speeds, for what?....like $300 less.

Trust me, right now 2gb is more than enough, for gaming. But it's your choice anyway.

Nope SLI 8800GTS are better than a 8800GTX, however I don't recommend them usually becuase of the watts needed and heat output.

Case - Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 or Thermaltake Armor or Antec 900
Motherboard - MSI P6N SLI Platinum or MSI P6N SLI-FI(For cheaper)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or Q6600($270 on July 22)
RAM - G.SKILL 2GB HZs
Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX
Power supply - Corsair 620HX or Cosair 520HX(For cheaper)
Hard drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD-RW+/- Burner
Aftermarket cooling - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro(If overclocking) or Tuniq 120(If you have the extra money)

nicely said lol

What do you mean my budget is around $1600-1700 because of the GTX. Is the Ultra really worth it?

The reason i said 3gigs for ram is i'd like my new rig to last me 4-5 years, like my current rig has.

Has there been any news about the new AMD Processor. I ask because in the news, it appears Intel is doing better, is the new AMD suppose to be better than the Intels? What about the price of it.

amd are generally cheaper, but there not gonna be intel now their in the lead =p

amd are generally cheaper, but there not gonna be intel now their in the lead =p

we'll see how long it lasts... i long for K10 and Penryn

wait isn't penryn the laptop one, what is the desktop one then....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom