Got my parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its just the bios screen..but its steadily going up...goes up about 1C every 3-4 minutes, but hasn't topped 29C yet...i only installed my mobo with 4 screws..because those were the only ones that fit, anything wrong with this?...and is there anything i need to mess with in BIOS besides boot sequence? or can i pop in the winxp cd and get this over it...and ill overclock later...first i need to learn how...i must say a big thanks to this forum

edit: i put in my winxp cd and it said "BOOT SECTOR VIRUS WARNING CONTINUE Y/N", i kept hitting N and it started to installation screen...anything i should be concerned about?

Well those temps are good. About the raid, I had to do mine before I installed my OS. It had to be setup in my BIOS. Check for that before you continue.

what programs do you guys use to monitor the temps of ur MB, CPU, and GPU for windows xp? i just wanna make sure everything runs cool

how many screws do you guys think should hold up the mobo? i only found four that would fit correctly with the washer so i only used 4, but the AF7 seems heavy

Usually it would be 6 screws to hold the motherboard.

The common programs used to monitor temps are Everest, Speedfan, and Core Temp.

so far so good, but im worried that the 4 screws aren't strong enough to hold everything in...and i have to go buy an ancient floppy drive for my raid :(

Did you check in the BIOS for the raid like I said? Because if you are setting up RAID 0 it will have to wipe your drives when you set it up.

i attached the heatsink, but then i took it off because i wasn't sure if it was on right...but i mounted it agian and it was right..my question is, do i need to reapply the thermal paste because the thermal pad wasn't even anymore because it touched the processor and theres some on the processor and the heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom