Can I upgrade my processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 thing... it's not duel core; it's dual core. duel = a fight. dual = 2. it makes big difference of what you try to say. we all know what you mean but just try to keep the wording correct so you won't mix up buying at a local retail store. Anyways yes i would suggest you to upgrade the motherboard. probably gigabyte has some good ones. also are you planning to play games on that? or just wanting a faster cpu? anyways p4 is pretty old and even pentium d is old for me too. lol.

Just faster but some gaming, It handles STALKER quite well.

Sorry for the bad spelling I have bad problems there due to dispraxia.

can u tell us what ur mobo is? everest home edition can tell from what i've heard... then flash ur bios...

okay fells...c2d uses socket 775. +
his motherboard is socket 775. =
you can use a c2d in that motherboard. if you dont want to buy a new one, you dont have to.
okay. whats the confusion? why is there 4 pages trying to answer this question lol?

hrm didnt know that. it should be as it supports ddr2 ram, right? isnt that and the socket really all that matter? well, that and the chipset...i cant find too much info on that chipset. but what i have found leads me to believe it does not support c2d.
i stand corrected, my apologies O.P.

ya pal, has some ECS mobo... and he went online and looked at the specs... the most it said he could upgrade to was a Pentium D EE......

Wow.. TF can't even give decent advice now.. jesus.

Anyway, do a quick google search on your chipset and C2D support.. I did it, I think from what it looked like is that the chipset supported C2D's.. might want to BIOS flash or something if you can..

Anyway, I would research to see if your motherboard can support C2Ds.. I spent like 30 seconds, so I'm sure if you put some time into it you can get more info.. if worst comes to worst, you buy the processor, find out it doesn't work, return it (might have to pay restocking fee, I wouldn't know.) and choose a Pentium D 945 or something similar.

Wow.. tech forums can't even give decent advice now.. jesus.

dude give the advice then. jesus. and from the google search i did it looked like it didnt...
lol base the validity or quality of our input on this one post...way to go. by the way, "i think" doesnt equal "decent" advice, it equals a guess...so practice what you are preachin, mang.

I'm giving advice. I guess you don't know what advice is. My advice was for him to do a google search and look into it more.

And yeah, that's what you should be doing in this situation. No, I don't know what the chipset supports. No, I'm not going to dedicate hours upon hours to find out something that I could care less about. I gave him advice, not a definate answer, and I'm well aware, but ****, it was better than anything else in this thread.. unless of course, you want me to tell him to buy a socket 478 CPU instead.. is that a good idea? All the other TFers thought so.

And just so you know, none of my comments in my first post were directed towards you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom