Hooking up consoles to media center PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
Hello to you all

I was browsing the net for possible ways to hook up a console (ps2, xbox) to a computer and play it. I have a tv tuner card because it came with my HP Media Center PC, and it has the red, yellow and white connectors (in) that a console needs to hook into a TV. The card also has s-video in, and coax.

So...what would happen if i plugged in my xbox? Would it play automatically? Do i need software? Is any of this even possible?

Any help here would be great appreciated!

I have no clue, but I think you should try it just to see what happens.

I have also wondered about this, but I don't have a tuner, because i wanted to be able to capture videos from my games on my computer.

But try it, and let us know how it turns out :)

So i hooked up my gamecube (my xbox and ps2 were too valuable for this experiment), and nothing. I tried going into Media Center on my computer, but i couldn't find anything. Any suggestions?

How would i play this on my monitor? All i have for inputs are dvi and vga.

And to the previous poster, my television just kicked the bucket. I'm getting a 40" sony in a few weeks, but until then...

So i downloaded a piece of software called DScaler, and now i can play any console through my tv tuner. Although, there is a little bit of delay, about .5 sec. So its no good for shooters, but i can play RPGs just fine.

There are a bunch of threads that have questions on this subject in the gaming section.

But I thing you would need a Video capture card or a USB TV tuner card to do it properly. If you get it going can you let us see screens shots of the results.

Ha, i think i'll dig this thread up for anyone who was interested in the result.

Well my HP media center came with a built-in tv-tuner card, so i had the proper composite inputs for the xbox (OLDER one). Unfortunately, even though the card is not PVR (pvr's give delay), i STILL got the .5 sec delay that i was talking about. Anyways, i have my sammy tv now so i don't really care either way.

Thanks to all who tried to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom