Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxer4533

Try again!
Just a few questions...

What has to be done to become a moderator? Is there a certain post limit?

Do you have to be a contributing (paying) member?

I don't really know what else to ask - I am interested to see what has to be done to become a mod.

Thanks!

Why are you always such a **** all of the time? Every post I read from you is negative. I just asked a simple question, and you didn't answer one of them. Next time you get on this site, please, keep your mouse off the reply button.

If we are recruiting mods, there will be a message to that effect in DMo's sig. We are not recruiting at this time.

Mods don't have to stand out. In fact, several who are now mods or have been mods in the past were surprised when they were asked. While we do allow people to volunteer when we are recruiting, the last round or two of mods were actually nominated by the mods themselves.

A general rule to go by is that if you ask to be a mod you won't be a mod. That isn't set in stone, but that is the general view.

A mod must be a team player, and one who obeys the rules of the forum. A mod must be willing to set aside his or her own opinions and look at things objectively. A mod also has to put up with a lot of BS from members who insist that they do not have to abide by the rules.

Trust me, it is not all fun and games, and there is no glamor to the job. I do it because I care about TF.

We have two admins... Larry (the owner) and DMo224. Larry isn't around very much; he runs a business and is working through some several medical problems with his youngest child. DMo hasn't been on much lately due to personal illness and illness in his family (let's say I'm glad I ain't him lately).

DMo is still working on all of this, even though his life is a bit complicated right now. Some of the fixes have worked fine, and some caused other problems. DMo will tell you he's not a vB guru, and this new version is world's different than the archaic one we upgraded from.

Basically, be patient. Things are being worked on, even if you can't see it happening.

Hey Trotter when you speak to Larry tell him I wish him and his family all the best.

And tell DM0 I hope he gets better soon.

I have recently been working through some issues of my own, and finding time to do things that aren't essential is hard, and I give any one my respect who can find time to do it.

@Trotter how did you get made a mod I would love to here that story.

I volunteered when they were asking for recruits, but was turned down. A little later they were looking again (we had a high turnover there for a while) and I was asked if I was still interested. I must have been doing something right 'cause I was eventually asked to be a super.

I'm just me doin' what I do. I guess I happened to be a good fit.

What has to be done to become a moderator? Is there a certain post limit?

Do you have to be a contributing (paying) member?
Actually, I think the post count had to be 400+ and been a member at least six months or so. Contributing does not affect it one way or another.

Actually, I think the post count had to be 400+ and been a member at least six months or so. Contributing does not affect it one way or another.

Gotcha. I figured there was some type of limit - Although I don't post too often, I feel that it's more valuable keeping junk posts off of the site rather than posting garbage (which has been going around as of late).

I don't think I will ever become a mod - but if the chance arises I'll take it. I'm always on here and willing to help. (Plus I fold as much as possible :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom