Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hello,
Ive got 3 hard drives -
~ 18gb raptor
~ 250gb sataII hard drive
~ 200gb IDE hard drive

What i want to do is to have my raptor holding vista , then my 250gb sataII for any new files or installations and the IDE available as well to access any of my files (its full up ). My question is would it be possible to have this set up? and would i get good performance with the raptor holding vista?
Thanks,
BTW my mobos this:http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=126437 - if it hlps...

You will get faster loading timse, with Vista on the raptor.

I've only seen a raptor, as small as 36gb.

Never heard of 18GB Raptors, but it should work. I have 2x SATA in RAID0. 2x SATA in RAID1. 1x SATA and 1x IDE mirrored manually.

yea I was going to say that I have never heard of 18GB raptors as well but it will work just fine if its a 10k RPm drive.

sorry my mistake i meant im goning to get a 36gb,
Also how would i go about getting this to work?
thanks

You would first set the raptor to master, and the other hard drives to slave. Then install Vista on the raptor. After that, just format the slave drives, and you're set.

If you were to have that raptor as the master and the one containing the OS at 10k rpm... would you really notice a difference compared to the other 7200rpm ones? I guess is it really worth the extra like 50-60 bucks for a 110k rpm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom