Advice on Purchasing Computer - XPS 710 or what Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all looks awesome. It's just that, with an 8800GTX, you should be playing with a larger resolution than 1440x900.

i recommend GTX/GTS 640 for resolutions 1600X1200, otherwise use a GTS 320 for anything less.....

WAIT!

When he said Tuniq, he meant the Tuniq Tower 120. It's an aftermarket heatsink, you can find it on Newegg. Also, I would highly recommend against monitor speakers.. at least from my experience, they all end up beiong crap.

Hello everyone. I ordered whatever it was that was on my list and I want to thank everyone for helping me so far.

As for the monitor, I really didn't want to spend more than two hundred dollars on one. Though you all can be sure that once I start pooling in more money I'll be ebaying that monitor and buying a 20" or higher. I'm too use to smaller screens anyway, heh, heh. So a 19" is huge for me.

The Processor comes with a heat sink. Are you saying I should buy this after market one because the included heat sink is bad?

I'll definitely be posting when my parts arrive and when I finish building the computer when the time comes.

Thanks again for everyones insight.

The stock heatsink/fan is not very good for overclocking is all. It will give you fine enough temps at stock and mild overclocks but you can't really do much with it.

i have no idea, what ur build is, but according to what Sora said i think ur using a Stock CPU Cooler, but he's right; even if u have an a overclockable processor needs a good cooler

yeah if u want to o/c then u need an aftermarket cooler

if your goin to get one i recommend the tuniq tower 120, the zalman 9700, thermalright 120, artic freezer pro7 or the sythe mine

Alright, all the parts that I ordered are in. I will be building this computer tomorrow and will be looking at Cyrax's build a rig guide along the whole way. :)
yeah if u want to o/c then u need an aftermarket cooler

if your goin to get one i recommend the tuniq tower 120, the zalman 9700, thermalright 120, artic freezer pro7 or the sythe mine
Over clocking, well, I'm not to sure how or when to overclock my system. I'll read up on it and figure it out though an answer from someone here would be just as good. :D

If I install the included heatsink will I be able to remove it to install an aftermarket one? Or is the process permanent?

I'm going to head to work now and I'll take a look at the forums once I'm back home. Thanks everyone so far for helping me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom