G-Skill RAM prices went up

Status
Not open for further replies.
HZ are D9, they also (supposedly) overclock better. they have better heat spreaders. they are black lol. the HK have tighter timings, though.
but i have reaf that the HK will do over 1000mhz at their stock timings if you juice em a bit....so i dunno. thats a pretty massive overclock for having those kinds of timings.
i think they raised the prices because the supply is down. when they get back up to stock the prices will come down i reckon. i will be watching for sure. now i'm thinking of buying the HK before they go up 50 bucks....crap.

they don't even usually need more volts. I've done DDR1000 on mine at 2.1v and 4-4-4-12. I bought mine "B-Grade" from OcUK for half their usual price. It just means that someone has returned them becuase they are unwanted/accidental order etc.

yeah but to keep the stock timings you would have to give them more voltage.
those are great ram sticks...i used to suggest them to everyone for the price, till the HZ went down to 109.
looks like i will be doing the same again!

well on newegg... hz ram is now 150$ from 109$ and the 89$ NQ, has raised to... 144$

I was about to post the same thread...

Anyway I'm upset & frustrated, no way I'm gonna paid after July 22, $150 for something that was before at $109. *Note: I will be upgrading at that time.

On an interesting point I think they raised the price because is starting a new month If you see carefully:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

The RAM have "Last Month's Winner of Customer Choice Award" - Desktop Memory [Bronze Medal]

Maybe at mid June or in around the whole month they will start lowing the prices jut like they did last month.

probably an error on the eggs part or a last minute rethink on G.skill

At the time I say the thread I thought I was going to have to start suggesting different ram but glad they are back down.

Reminds me of when newegg puts the Arctic Freezer pro 7 at $65 dollars when it's usually $35. Only stays that way for a couple of weeks though, could be due to low supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom