new motherboard make computer better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster12348

In Runtime
I fried my motherboard on my paviliion (see help wanted post down below for specs) so I got a new one and Ill be charged around 120, 60 for installation, 60 for motherboard. Will thsi make my computer faster if its new and stuff?

A new motherboard won't make the computer faster, so a new one is pointless to make it faster unless you are going to upgrade other components - eg cpu, memory etc.

I would get a new motherboard, cpu, and memory, and possibly a PCI express graphics card (if you don't have one already or if you have an AGP card).

You can keep your hard drive with your stuff on, your sound card, and probably your power supply. This will make your computer faster, but a new motherboard on its own will not.

well so a new motherboard compared to the crappy old fried one. oh yeah and when I accidentally fried it. I had installed a new 1gb memory stick. could a new motherboard change anything like compatibility?

so new motherboard, and 1gb and 512mb memory. the rest the same... will this make my computer go faster than it would've if I would've installed it with the old motherboard (the memory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom