BSoD - Machine Check Exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tool462

Baseband Member
Hey guys.
This BSoD is really starting to give me the turds. It happens at the most random times but mainly when i'm playing a game. (CS:S)
I've got the specifics here:

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
*** STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x805461F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

Well I know its a hardware related problem. My mother board is:
AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron HyperTransport Technology Configuration

nForce4-A939

Got that from SiSandra. Any other info you need, just post back.

Thanks for helpin out guys.

what OS do u have? and also is anything overclocked like RAM or anything?

*edit*
i tended to get those in one of two ocasions....first would be when i over clocked my ram to far and the voltage was set to high....also i have my HD in RAID 0 when i added a certain fan it drawed to much power from my cpu and my system was crashing due to lack of power, what power supply do u have?

ok.

I have XP SP2, just normal like most people. I have not overclocked anything at all. And my PSU is just what came with my PC. I don't know much about them. I could find out what it is if you tell me how.

Another thing, everytime I start up XP, it always without fail comes up with CHKDSK. Always checking hard drive for something wrong, even when I shut down correctly and it doesn't crash.

I've also run memtest86 without any problems. Does this mean its got nothing to do with ram?

yeah ram seems fine.

what I think is the issue is the harddrive might be going. how old is it?

google a program called "drive fitness test" it is made by ibm I believe. it will test pretty much any manufacturer of harddrives.

burn that to a cd and boot of it to test the harddrive. if it comes back with green , then it is ok. red is bad.

it is one of the best hdd diags I have found

ok cheers man. i'll do that over night tonight and post back. will it take over night to do though?

well, i ran the drive fitness tests and it says my hard drive is fine.

is there some sort of form, or someone who can identify the error codes it gave me on the BSoD, to tell me accurately what is wrong?

Anyone got any suggestions about what to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom