Vista wont reconize harddrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 ATX LGA775 Conroe P965 DDR2 PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 GBLAN Audio Motherboard

Full hdd name

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache NCQ Hard Drive

and like I said before I hooked up my hdd to the sata1 orange input on the mobo is that right?
there was sata0-3 orange then 2 purple ones

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 ATX LGA775 Conroe P965 DDR2 PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 GBLAN Audio Motherboard

Full hdd name

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache NCQ Hard Drive

and like I said before I hooked up my hdd to the sata1 orange input on the mobo is that right?
there was sata0-3 orange then 2 purple ones

sata 0 is first. the hard have to be there as windows look for the primary partition first. here's the driver

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

so hdd in sata0 and dvdwriter in sata2 ok?

and i tried putting that driver on a usb stick and install it but when I plugged it in while doing the vista setup to install driver to find a drive it did notice the usb stick but said there were no driver on it. and why would it be floppy32 as the drive with a 64 bit proccessor, just curious

because you would have already mention it if you had the 64bit edition of vista. regular vista is 32 bit

I installed it on a old WD hdd I had and its working fine... thanks for the new links in a week or so ill reinstall everything on the hdd i couldnt get to work. im just happy its working for now lol

And so I would just put that sata driver you posted on a usb stick and install it during vista setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom