Questions on MotherBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan1784

In Runtime
Hello All,

Can someone breakdown the difference in the nForce 500 series on these motherboards. What is Ultra, MCP, etc...

Like I am looking for an AM2 socket MB, not sure on sli or not. I've heard good and bad about it. If it is sli I will only be running one 8800gts card so I want to make sure I will be getting the full 16x.

I like the idea of sli just in case I happen to stumble on my same video card on ebay for dirt cheap or something.

I read that sli divided that up between the two slots so you only get 8x. Not sure if that's only in sli mode even if you run just one card. If that is the case a non sli board would be preferable.

Will be used for gaming, the processor will be a 4800+ X2 with 2Gig of the G Skill memory that just went back up in price... I got it for $82, pretty happy about that one...

I bought an Abit KN9 at a different site for dirt cheap but haven't got it yet. They haven't even shipped it out yet. This was a week and a half ago so not sure if I was taken or what... Looking into new possibilities...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom