Modding my case

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckle50

In Runtime
alright, im getting my new power supply on wednesday so i want to mod my case while its taken apart.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=90946&Sku=P456-5006

there it is, its a piece of junk but hopefully i can make it cool as well as any other case.
Cooling:
-5.25inch bay freezer in top bay, exhaust, cant switch to intake
-adjustable speed fan on the side, intake, put on a homemade cardboard duct to push air towards the northbridge and processor. up to 73 cfm at 48 dba (sounds like a ****ing vacuum cleaner at max)
-fan that came with case (low cfm quiet led fan) in back fan port. exhaust.
-unused ys tech fan (42 cfm i think)

that's what i have. i'm willing to buy more fans, but they cant be too loud, what would be the best setup to use, can cut more fan ports if i have to, where should i put each fan, where can i cut new ports for max efficiency, intake or exhaust, etc. any input would be greatly appreciated, this is for my main system in my sig. i have an sp-94 heatcink with a ys tech fan on the processor. everything is overclocked with heatsinks (mem, vid card, chipset).

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Im doing my first modding ever this week as well. Making side case window, putting a window in the top of my CD drive and putting a window in the top of the case to see into the CD drive.... similar to the one on http://www.blingmethod.com

Version 3, slide 14

and also I am going to put a window of my logo in somewhere... just havent decided where yet

and I also plan on adding some neons and cold cathodes and adding some places for additional fans

stick a couple fans on the side.. maybe take out of the 4 bars that are on the side panel, and round out the edges, so you can put fans nicely there. Also you could throw a fan or two on the top of your case, that'd be good

demali, how do you take out the four bars on the side? it just happens that i have a case exactly like his, but made by a different manufacturer .. case cutters? and same question for the top panel?

you can buy a dremel. however, im too cheap and i just drill a hole and use wire cutters from there. messy but it works

no i just meant like one of the bars, then there will be 3 bars left that connect in the center, stick a fan in the corner where the bar was cut out.. you can use a dremel for this and for the top.. you'll either have to find that lexan glass or whatever for the top part, unless you buy a kit online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom