What I bought on Ebay..

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
a 7900 gs for 114, brand new...
well basically.
my problem is that the card idles at 50 C.
Is that too high? Because when Im doing graphic intensive things it seems to display artifacts and i have to restart my computer.

Next question.
I have a zalman vga cooler, but it has burnt in marks and a few scratches, should I lap it? Or will it be ok?

Theres a program called ATItool Download that (yes even if you have nivida) and it will check for artifacts then you will know if it artifacts. Also 50c is around where mine is at.

50C is actually cooler than most run. Lapping it wouldn't hurt - if you have the time, do it. Is the card highly overclocked? If it is, try turning the clocks down.

my ATI Radeon x1300Pro idles 48*c so im accusing thats normal, i might put arctic silver 5 on it to lower it a bit

omg... 114$ brand new??? omg omg omg omg... nice find, all i have to do is find an idiot on ebay to sell an 8800 gts 320 cheap :) even a whole new system

well anyways, the artifacting stil shows up. I'm going to leave ATItool running overnight.

A better description of my "artifacts":
When I'm playing a very graphic and CPU intensive game (counter strike source) my screen will turn partially black, and small yellow and different colored lines will appear out of nowhere. It almost looks like the old windows screensaver.

Now, I'm testing my Videocard, and being it brand new, me putting an aftermarket cooler, idling at 35-40, do you think it's my videocard still? Or is it possibly my CPU?

I'm hoping its something other than my videocard...

It could be your drivers. That used to happen to me on need for speed when i didn't uninstall my nvidia drivers correctly before an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom