If unclocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber.Logan

Baseband Member
would Dual Cores and Quad Cores produce alot of heat ?

how good do AMD's processors go against Intel's in terms of cost and performance ?

which is the fastest processor to date by either which wouldnt produce a lot of heat when not over clocked ?

Also is it better to have 2 hard drives of smaller capacities or one hard drive with lots of space?

if money isnt a constraint.. which would be your favorite top notch internal hard drive that doesnt sound like a vaccum cleaner ?

will be waiting for ur answers guys.. thanks in advance.

one more question ...

i am sick n tired of win xp as in literally tired.

I bought an Asus laptop off someone with all the driver cds etc.

I want to format this laptop so that i can get rid of the XP installed on this machine and install win98 SE (have the cd) instead.

This laptop doesnt have a floppy drive, I have a Flash usb about 1 gig but I dont know how to check to see if this laptop's BIOS would allow me to boot the machine using a Flash drive.

Last but not the least, say the BIOS doesnt allow me to then how else can i install the win98 on this laptop? I've got only 512 mb ram and win98 is much lighter than xp.

How do I know if my Win98SE is a bootable cd or not?

if it isnt, how do i make one? I have been surfing and surfing for this remedy but each website gives me a different approach and most them are so confusing for me.

Any help would be appreciated ... i am literally tired to the point of giving up and throwing in the towel.

Rescue a brother ! LOL !

If you were to spend about an hour searching through previous threads on this forum, all of those questions would be answered about 100 times each.

Does the search feature even work yet? If so, use it.

If you were to spend about an hour searching through previous threads on this forum, all of those questions would be answered about 100 times each.

Does the search feature even work yet? If so, use it.

it doesnt !

and am really sorry.. i kept clicking one page and another...

guess am a real noob !

Dual cores now, do not produce that much heat. Quad cores produce more heat, than duals, but I don't think it's alot. But when overclocked, quads can produce quite a bit of heat. It also depends on the aftermarket cooling, you're using when overclocking. If you're worried about it, get a Tuniq.

Well you can get two Seagate 320gb hard drives, for about $160. $160 for about 640gb of space = bang for your buck. They're not noisy either.

can i ask you to pick the easiest solution(s) and just paste the links here ?

that would be really helpful..

my eyes are burning and i mentally tired..

hope you understand.

i am the only person in the office today and have been working along side this problem since 9 a.m.

i knw it doesnt make sense but .. this is where i cry for help.

Dual cores now, do not produce that much heat. Quad cores produce more heat, than duals, but I don't think it's alot. But when overclocked, quads can produce quite a bit of heat. It also depends on the aftermarket cooler, you're using when overclocking. If you're worried about it, get a Tuniq.

Well you can get two Seagate 320gb hard drives, for about $160. $160 for about 640gb of space = bang for your buck. They're not noisy either.

what if i dint overclock them at all. then... ?

i am sick n tired of win xp as in literally tired.

I bought an Asus laptop off someone with all the driver cds etc.

I want to format this laptop so that i can get rid of the XP installed on this machine and install win98 SE (have the cd) instead.

This laptop doesnt have a floppy drive, I have a Flash usb about 1 gig but I dont know how to check to see if this laptop's BIOS would allow me to boot the machine using a Flash drive.

Last but not the least, say the BIOS doesnt allow me to then how else can i install the win98 on this laptop? I've got only 512 mb ram and win98 is much lighter than xp.

How do I know if my Win98SE is a bootable cd or not?

if it isnt, how do i make one? I have been surfing and surfing for this remedy but each website gives me a different approach and most them are so confusing for me.

Any help would be appreciated ... i am literally tired to the point of giving up and throwing in the towel.

Rescue a brother ! LOL !

get Ubuntu - boot of cd install much lighter the xp - 98 and FREE -plus the fourm support is brill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom