Bought the Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 10,000RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldn't partition the raptor, just the windows, apps and the pagefile all on the 150 gig.

will be good for loading times and minimizing/eliminating in game stutters provided decent ram & vid card.

i like to keep all my music in my music lol then videos in a custom folder then all my setups for programs, other DLs in another custom folder.

i prefer partitioning, yea u can run outa space but say one partition is used for smaller type files u can use partition magic and re-size it to u see fit, i find partition more useful because if u need to defrag it wont take as long, also if u want to download and try something doing it on a seperate partition will save all other info if theres a virus or somethin goes bad with the program u downloaded

I was thinking about buying a raptor but everyone says they are really loud. Can anyone confirm this?

i would rather use 2' 320 gb drives with 7200 rather than a single harddrive with 10,000, i bet its about the same performance with more gb. but the price you paid was good, not the greatest but not bad neither. you might aswell get another one and you have rockin scores!

i think their lifespan maybe shorter becuase it runs real fast, and hotter, sort of like overclocking, but probably not noticable like the overclock

i think their lifespan maybe shorter becuase it runs real fast, and hotter, sort of like overclocking, but probably not noticable like the overclock

Well they have a 5 year warranty, so that's pretty awesome. Also, Google engineers did a test on all of their server's harddrives and found that warmer drives actually lasted longer than cooler drives, so I doubt heat (excluding excessive heat) plays a negative role in the harddrive's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom