Tell me how things look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah dont go with the corsair ram. It costs more than the g.skill, and the g.skill is the best price-performance memory out there. The HZs (black ones) are a much better deal than the XMS 2 IMO.

i think he is talking about Corsair Dominator RAM, imo g-skill is still owns :) too bad name brand ppl like: Dell, Ginstar, HP, Compaq, Cyberpower, IbuyPower don't use them in their builds :(

thanks for all of your help. im going to drop 2GB of ram, though that 40 dollars off is what got me to get that much anyhow. im going to look at some of the stuff you guys suggested, though i think the 320 mb 8800gts will run fine since im not planning on anything over 19". also, ive heard nothing but good things about that Corsair 620W Power Supply, ill keep it for future adds.

Just to let you know that If you are getting Vista and one of the reasons is the "Aero" efffect that isn't include in Vista Home Basic, just to let you know.

i would go with 32bit vista home premium edition, 64 bit has driver problems and will for some time.

i'd go with 2 gigs of ram with better timings.

personally i'd get a cheaper case, use the stock heatsink & fan on the e6600, use the savings to put towards the 640mb 8800, and possibly a different monitor (like a 22' or something if you like that one thats cool).

never know in the future when that extra 320mb will allow you to bump up texture settings and reduce in game stuttering.

i would go with 32bit vista home premium edition, 64 bit has driver problems and will for some time.

i'd go with 2 gigs of ram with better timings.

personally i'd get a cheaper case, use the stock heatsink & fan on the e6600, use the savings to put towards the 640mb 8800, and possibly a different monitor (like a 22' or something if you like that one thats cool).

never know in the future when that extra 320mb will allow you to bump up texture settings and reduce in game stuttering.

i'm running vista x64 and have no driver problems....

No support for unsigned drivers means a lot of stuff will not even work on it, and probably about 75% of pre-vista era games will also take some time to get running decent.

seems like to much work for an average person.

No support for unsigned drivers means a lot of stuff will not even work on it, and probably about 75% of pre-vista era games will also take some time to get running decent.

seems like to much work for an average person.

...there certainly is support for unsigned drivers...and I've never played a game so far that hasn't worked on vista.

You do have a point about "running decent" though....I use XP x64 for gaming as Vista always seems to inflict a hefty performance hit on my games.

yea with 320 you wont be playin much dx10 games, also why 64 bit? since it would be best to get just 2 gigs of ram im not sure if theres a price diff between 64 bit and 32 bit but i would just go with 32 bit especially getting an 8800 series vid card, the drivers for vista are a little sketchy, i get random errors with my vid driver crashing while playing games even in 32 bit and i hear its even worse in 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom