Computer Problem - Not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

htideswell

Baseband Member
I installed Vista yesterday, but realized my cpu and ram where at like 80% all the time, so i partioned my hd, put my xp cd in and rebooted, it loaded the disk and started copying files, without even asking me which drive to place them in, after this it rebooted itself, and did the exact same thing, so i removed the disk and rebooted. It then said error loading operating system, so i tried putting the disk in again, which didn't work. So now it doesn't even say "error...." it just loads the bit of screen with my company name is, and does nothing =(

Any Ideas?

id throw in the HD to a different system and slave it , back up whatever is needed and wipe it clean, what happened was it over written on Vista and it might of corrupt because the installation wasn't finished. But i think if you overwrite the HD with the XP it should still given you a choice weither to boot into Vista or XP .

yea and to its very hard to dual boot with vista, you can do it but i read that it has to be done a certain way and changes to vistas boot file are needed because i believe vistas "boot.ini" is totally different from xp...but yea i would do what sylwek said to do its almost beyond repair now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom