possibel to put to much arctic silver 5 on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of two awesome products tt sells. the volcano 12 but thats LOUD. and also the silent boost i think its called, it gets awesome reviews

v12+ works great, and you don't even have to have it up, unless your running the shit out of your system.. I leave my fan at 3500 (silent) and it'll keep my system below 52c when gaming and using winamp, etc...

I live in texas and it gets hot here, so my apt. temp is 78F so that's why my systems running hot period, but either way the v12 is great

i checked out the v12 on newegg.com and it says its for amd's and i have a pentium 4 2.8E Prescott with HT .. will it still work?

well its 4:00 in the morning so i dont feel like reading everyones post.. so if someone already said this then sorry. If you put too much on, then it will not work right. the layer will be too thick and it will be like peanut butter with no jelly inbetween bread. It will be too thick and you cant chew on it. Well same thing here. When the fan is taking the hot air out, it cant becuase there is too much thermal paste on there.

It is, I burned my old processor out last year because the guy at (Store will remain unnamed ;)) put a big blob of it on thinking it would help keep it cool. I take it back when it shut down on me randomly, and found out from another guy that it was too much and it actually kept heat in the core as opposed to dispating it. Just use a small amount like the above guys said. Use a credit card to thin it out. I learned all this after I lost a chip of course. I now have built my own and wont take it to a tech guy there again :x Good luck!

i put a dot on the CPU .. but i didn't spread it out with a cc .. the intels chips are all smooth on top, so you say spread it all out with a cc to the edge eh? if i get a new HSF unit, how should i remove the old AS5 from the cpu? i used isopropyl alcohol to clean off the stock intel thermal pad .. same thing?

ok, i took your advice and got the spark 7+ .. i removed as5 with isopropyl alcohol, and reapplied a thin layer with a credit card, then installed HSF on it .. its running near 6000 rpm and is at about 50 degrees C .. i'm hoping this is just because im still breaking it in, its just as loud on full as my stock intel cooler and right now doesn't seem to be cooling a lot better, but i'll wait for the as5 to set in before i pass judgement ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom