help the best of the best??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYbadboy911

In Runtime
hey guys i need ur advice i havent look into computers in years soo idk what to buy anymore so much stuff changed since last time i looked into buying a pc!!!
anyways what im looking for is
the best intel cpu under 500$
the best video card under $600
the best SLI mother bored under 300$
the best 4GB memory under 400$

please help me and let me know y that product is good thank you!!!

Your computer is total overkill really...Intel prices are under coming down in July so it's hard to say what is the best but I suggest a Q6600 (Quad-Core) they are over 500 bucks but will be down to 270 in July.

The best Video card in the range is easily the 8800GTX.

The best SLI Mobo is a tough one becuase you have to define "best" The cheap $150 650i Plat can give better performance in SLi than its big brother the 680i. The 680i has more features though and I guess this would be the best

Newegg.com - ASUS Striker Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard - Retail

You do not need memory that expensive. Just get two kits of these for 4GB.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

sora is right tho, him, and b1gapl are the smartest builders here at TF i would be 2nd-4th place :)

e6600 (or wiat till july and get q6600, double the speed for same price)
g-skill hz ram 2 gb KIt (but seeing how cheap RAM is nowadays 4 GB wouldn't hurt if ur running CAD and stuff)
MSI P6N SLI-FI (or Platinim)
eVGA 8800 gtx
Corsair 520 watt PSU
Seagate Barracuda (choose ur capacity: 80, 160, 320, 500)

why are you going for 4gb of ram???? only needed in CAD and video editing circumstances it won't be utilised

SLI is a waste of money you get a 40% performance increase max

well really q6600 is far from double speed. since nearlly every app/game is only supporting dual core it under performs the e6700 at stock because its really just runing as a e6600. the only real difference is in redering times. But once the dx10.1(i think has support for Quads) and cryaia etc.. come out that will all change

i thought this system was for cad? which thread am i confusing with?? hmm......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom