OS installation for my new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakigi

Solid State Member
As the title would suggest, this is my first time building. I am more than confident in putting together my pc, but once its time to install the operating system (Vista64 if it matters) and beyond im a bit nervous. If anyone could give me a helpful link or description on how to install vista on my new computer and maybe some changes to make once its installed, i would really appreciate. i havent received my parts yet, just trying to prepare. thankyou.

put the cd in follow the onscreen steps :D. using an old computer you may find it helpful to burn a disk with your favourite programs and a anti virus and firewall so that you don't access the internet unprotected for the first time you log on to your comp

yea and the 64 bit ver has even more sketchy drivers for it, 32 bit is ok..but i see u have the 8800 and the drivers for vista are still kinda funky so yea go for it but trust me even if SP1 is comin out late summer its still not going to have proper drivers for it i believe espcially for 64 bit

Id go for xp for now, at least then you will know 100% everything will work with no problems.
Then whenever vista is better and worth getting it will be cheaper, even now i could get vista home edition (OEM)for about £70 or less.

istalling vista is like installing any other os, make sure that ure boot priority is from ure cd though, you can change it by going into the bios and looks for boot priority settings

ya plus if i need to do RAID, i no longer need a floppy drive woot woot, i can use my jump drive, but too bad this crappy VIA can't do that argh!!!

Vista 64 bit is worthless, and very limited support too..

Go with 32bit and once you have all of your hardware hooked up properly, boot up and pop in the vista DVD and go from there, piece of cake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom