SATA 3gb/s problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
I have an NF4 LP Ultra mobo and I haven't had any problem with it no for about 7 months. I just bought a new 160gb SATA 3gb/s hdd and hooked it up, threw in the XP cd and went to format it before i install the system on it but it says: There is no hdd detected etc. I have 2 20gb IDE hdd's which I have been using for these 7 months, and I hooked them back up to write on these forums. I looked in under Disk Management in Admin Tools to try and format it from there, but its not listed there and I looked in the BIOS to make sure SATA is enabled but I do not see an option for it. I am out of ideas. I will be searching Google for ideas while I wait for an answer on here.

Am I missing something? The SATA power and data cables are hooked up properly and I even switched cables and ports just to be safe.

might want to check if the sata driver is installed if they are then see if there is an update for it.

You sure the motherboard supports SATAII drives? If not then you may wanna jumper the drive to go to SATA specs... Could be an issue there... Also when you load windows you may have to actualy install a SATA driver for it to see the drives... Some systems you don't have to, others you do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom