Using 2 monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFalls

In Runtime
I'm not sure how the idea works.
I'm about to use a 8800 GTS to display two differant windows at once if I can, one of them DVI the other VGA. I have an adapter for one of them.
If it matters, I want one window to display FL Studio, and the other either IE or some game. When I see two monitors, all I really see is a giant extention of the window in question.

Also, will this work since I'm using 2 differant monitors at once? One is by Sony, the other by ViewSonic. You can guess which I'm using for the game.

Since I'm still waiting on my card to arrive and I'm running off integrated graphics, some advice before I have to screw around with my display options would be helpful.

i hjave the exact same thing as i dont have two dvi cables i only have one but a slight warning i have no idea why this occurs but no matter how i set them the one with the vga cord is always set to the main monitor even when i set the dvi one as main the vga stay the main its as litle confusign and becomibng a pain in the but but ul see once there both hooked up and u reboot ur comp will start and instaler by nvidia and it will go thru it all by itself alltho i have 2 identical lg monitors but im very shure the 2 diferent ones will work as my friend has 2 diferent brand monitors and one of them is even a crt

There should be option to how you want the monitors to display.

With my experience w/ Dual Monitors, there were choices like: Dual View, Horizontal Span and a few others. I used horizontal span.

use ultramon its the best multi-monitor solution I have used and I have tried about 6. you may have to uninstall your graphics drivers then install ultramon and then install the graphics drivers again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom