DVD writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSOLG

Beta member
After the last two (Optorite DD0203 and Samsung SH-S182M) turned out to be bad choices, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I need an internal IDE (no SATA ports) writer, preferably dual-layer. I had also given some thought to Lightscribe, but am not too concerned about that (does Lightscribe DL media even exist?).

Computer specs:
Windows XP Pro
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.83 GHz
1GB RAM

Thank you for any suggestions you can give.

lightscribe means that you can draw pictures on the dvd top surface, completely useless. I just this with my Nero 7, does everything. There are others but i HIGHLY recommend this one.

I have 2 LG DVD Burners in my comp, and I haven't had a single problem since I built the PC over a year ago. Also, I would recommend Lite-On or Sony.

I don't know anyone that has used Lightscribe, so I can't tell you either way. In my opinion, it seems like useless technology - A sharpie looks fine to me.

A sharpie looks fine to me.

That is true, however, It is a nice feature, and very fun to play with, yet I don't have a use for it.

If you burn DVDs of like, weddings or whatnot, it could be a nice feature, but other than that, it's just extra money. :)

Can't go wrong with nice Sonys

My Samsung DVD writer was always a nice drive, never had any problems with it. I have an LG now, wicked fast and reliable. Plextors also are quite nice, if you throw down the money for one. For cheapies, stick with LG sans the Lightscribe, it's just an extra ten bucks spent on something you may never use (have to buy special media).

I use an LG in my PC. The family PC also has an LG. Both work flawlessly.

If I really want a fancy label, my Canon iP4000 printer can print CD's and DVD's. I always get printable discs anyway.
That way, I can get colour, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom