Advise With Upgrading Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan_7

Solid State Member
Hi,

I was thinking about getting a new computer, but the reality is that I have this:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1024mb Ram
120gb Hardrive
256mb ATI RADEON 9600
Sony DVDRW
Zorro Gaming Case

Now I dont play games on my PC cause I use my Xbox 360, so I dont need I high end gaming PC.

To be honest I could really just upgrade certain parts on this to make it a bit better... am I right?

Cause im saving up for a car so I dont wanna blow all my money on a new comp when this one is working perfectly fine..

So the upgrades I was thinking about getting was:

* More hardrive space.. Maybe 500gb
* Upgrade memory to 2gb or 4gb
* New PC case

Now here are the questions I need answered:

1. Would I be better buying like 1 x 500gb Hardrive, or 2 x 250gb Hardrive? Would one option be faster than the other at running, quiet or noisy etc etc?
2. Whats the best brand hardrives to look for?
3. If I am upgrading to 2gb or 4gb ram whats the best DDR to get?
4. Would I really see a big difference if I went from 1gb to 2 or 4gb with an AMD Athlon 64 3000+?
5. If I buy a new PC case, are they difficult to change over?

Hope to here some answers soon

Thanks

;)

u should get igb of ram, that would be enough. seagate and western digital are some good brand name hard drives u can look at. well, i would say, depending on ur budget, if 2x250gb are cheaper go with that. u see what i mean.
let me know what website u buy ur stuff from, and i'll try to see what i can find for u.

So you think I should just go to 2gb max?

Btw, are internal or external hardrives better? Cause I seen a WD MyBook 500GB for around £80-90.

well, internals will be faster in my opinion, coz they use the SATA connection and external uses probably usb. but u could make a internal hard drive external, but i dont think u wanna get into that, but heres the link.
Untitled Document
i thinkg 2gb would be good for ur system. i dont know much info about ur suystem coz i've always had an intel system. so u should wait a couple of days and see what people in this forum think would be the best for u, and then u can decide.

well, internals will be faster in my opinion, coz they use the SATA connection and external uses probably usb. but u could make a internal hard drive external, but i dont think u wanna get into that, but heres the link.
Untitled Document
i thinkg 2gb would be good for ur system. i dont know much info about ur suystem coz i've always had an intel system. so u should wait a couple of days and see what people in this forum think would be the best for u, and then u can decide.

unless u get one on fire wire then itl be just as fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom