x1900xt for 90 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
i went on ebay, and ended up winning this card for 90 bucks w/ shipping. it is untested, and without a fan. but it was with a seller who has 200,000 + feedback (91% positive, im guessing a company on ebay...). am i stupid for doing this or did i just get a big steal?

after adding a fan for 35 bucks or so you will have an X1900XT with good cooling so you can overclock. That is a very good deal as long as it works good. The X1900XT is a fast card especially with a good cooler that you can overclock with.

too bad i need a new psu to handle it. i dont have a gfx card right now but a buddy is sending out a fx5500 pci to keep me for a few weeks until i can get the money. thank god my dad let me borrow a few extra bucks for this, im really broke right now. im guessing these people won't rip me off with a doa. they've had over 200k positive feeedback, and they have over 90% positive, so its all good.

but shipping from tx to southwestern pa should take a week :(

Hah you live in southwestern PA too eh? Want to have a glass of "pop"? lmfao.

What PSU are you running with it right now? The X1900XT at load runs I think about 110w stock which isn't too much considering my 7900GS @ 615/865 takes 125w haha. I bet you could run it on a good 400-450w PSU with a single hard drive and optical.

Hah you live in southwestern PA too eh? Want to have a glass of "pop"? lmfao.

What PSU are you running with it right now? The X1900XT at load runs I think about 110w stock which isn't too much considering my 7900GS @ 615/865 takes 125w haha. I bet you could run it on a good 400-450w PSU with a single hard drive and optical.

lol, uniontown. ive been there a few times. less than an hour where i am (new stanton). i'll decline the "pop" offer :p

i have a crappy 550watt logysis psu, i was an idiot last year and didnt know about amperage and thought more watts the better, and cheap. :( . it might be able to run it since mine could run a 7900gs. it has 25amps on the 12v rail. is that enough? but no matter what im going to buy a new psu, these volts are always crazy, like 10v on the 12v rail, 4.6v on 5v, and if i raise my ram by .4 v, the 3.3 rail fails :eek:

Ohh New Stanton eh? yea I've been there a few times....got lost and wound up there accidentally trying to get back home from West Virgina...lol don't know how we did but we did lol. The PSU would probably run it but yes one of that quality is pretty dangerous to handle with a pretty good system like that. The amps are yes low but it all depends on the rest of your system. ATI recommends 30 for an average system which means usually 2 hard drives, 2 optical drives and a few usb devices etc so you can't always go by their recommendations. However yes pick up a new one soon heh.

Ohh New Stanton eh? yea I've been there a few times....got lost and wound up there accidentally trying to get back home from West Virgina...lol don't know how we did but we did lol. The PSU would probably run it but yes one of that quality is pretty dangerous to handle with a pretty good system like that. The amps are yes low but it all depends on the rest of your system. ATI recommends 30 for an average system which means usually 2 hard drives, 2 optical drives and a few usb devices etc so you can't always go by their recommendations. However yes pick up a new one soon heh.
i barely have anything.

1 hdd.
1 dvd burner.
a few fans.
c2d e4300, 1.38 v most of the time.
2 512mb ram sticks.

no usb devices... so yea.

yea, i live just outside of new stanton, a place called hunker (lmao yes very strange name). so when exactly was the last time you were up here :p

If your PSU stayed constant at 25 amps (which it probably doesn't hah) then your system would be able to handle an X1900XT at least at stock until you got another but like you and I both said that PSU isn't one I would trust running a system like that.

I got lost up there about 5 months ago hah.

Should heh but I wouldn't. At least for not very long maybe 2-3 weeks or so I would let a PSU of that quality run a system lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom