amd 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh... thats a pretty big no. if you lived in antarctica and had your computer in an unheated room, with liquid nitrogen cooling, it could be possible. other than that, i dont think its happening.

not far at all. the difference in performance would be so negligable its not worth the decreased life of the processor.

I had my 3200+ Barton running @ 13*218 for 2834 MHz. It was initially stable, but would get ‘blue screen’ failure, followed by lockup after a few minutes of ‘Toast’. It is currently rock solid @ 11*216 for 2376 MHz. I think that the higher multipliers cause problems for the 3200.

The Merlin said:
I eblieve multipliers are locked on all AMD's except the FX series as of a few monthes ago:confused:

Yeah I remember reading about that... damn losers who overclock to sell at higher prices...

Hmmm I gotta go switch processors with my brother's older virgin 2500 barton... He won't notice his speed dropping from 2500 to 2100, will he?

i have a 3200+ 64 and the max stable overclock is from 2.0 to 2.2

anything above that won't boot.

Sometimes i can get ~2.3 but its very unstable and reboots under any strenuous(sp?) activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom