Please Rate this Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
My budget is 1600.00 and this costs 1600.79:

Any recommendations/changes? I'll be using the computer primarily for gaming but also possibly video editing. I will absolutely not be running Windows Vista.

Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-US-BK Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - Retail

ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

BFG Tech BFGR88640GTSOC2E GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK - Retail

(2x) Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

LG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black IDE Model GSA-H42LK BK - OEM

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

MASSCOOL FD08025S1M4 80mm Case Fan - Retail

Looks pretty good to me. People will suggest the G. Skill HZs or HKs.

which one did he use? i'm so confused with g-skill ram, i only know nq,hz,hk's, whats wierd tho is when i newegg g-skill ng, nothing comes, oh well....

............... I will absolutely not be running Windows Vista...................

thank god :)

i noticed u have a gts 640, unless u have a monitor that goes at a resolution higher than 1400 x 900 (aka bigger than 19 inches widescreen) u should get a 320 mb one

why dont u get an evga 8800 gts 640, i think they are a bit cheaper then bfg, and are a great company.

so r u gonna overlcock that bad boy?
if u are in the future, i would suggest an after market cooler like the artic freezer 7 or the tuniq tower. depending on ur budget. they are both really good, tuniq is a bit expensive, butdoes a great job, so does the artic, but its a bit cheaper.
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail
Newegg.com - Tuniq T-120-LFB 120mm CPU Cooler - Retail

svc.com and ewiz.com sell these coolers for really cheaper, well cheaper then new egg. so check those websites out
good luck

why dont u get an evga 8800 gts 640, i think they are a bit cheaper then bfg, and are a great company.

so r u gonna overlcock that bad boy?
if u are in the future, i would suggest an after market cooler like the artic freezer 7 or the tuniq tower. depending on ur budget. they are both really good, tuniq is a bit expensive, butdoes a great job, so does the artic, but its a bit cheaper.
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail
Newegg.com - Tuniq T-120-LFB 120mm CPU Cooler - Retail

svc.com and ewiz.com sell these coolers for really cheaper, well cheaper then new egg. so check those websites out
good luck

I don't really know how to overclock so I'm not sure if I want to do that or not yet. Also, I have a question about EVGA. How does their step-up program work? For example, lets say I ordered the evga 8800 gts 640 meg and wanted to upgrade to the GTX. I know I'd have to do it within 3 months, but exactly what would I have to do? Would I have to order through evga, or would newegg do it on their website?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Update (I tried using the edit button but my modifcation to the previous post didn't work. Sorry.):

I upgraded to the Arctic 7 CPU Cooler just in case I do decide to overclock.

I don't really know how to overclock so I'm not sure if I want to do that or not yet. Also, I have a question about EVGA. How does their step-up program work? For example, lets say I ordered the evga 8800 gts 640 meg and wanted to upgrade to the GTX. I know I'd have to do it within 3 months, but exactly what would I have to do? Would I have to order through evga, or would newegg do it on their website?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

You send them your card, you pay the difference of the MSRP and you wait 4-6 weeks for them to send you a new card. It's an excellent program for people who want to go SLI such as if they have a single 7600GT, they can buy a 7900GS and then use the step-up to get another 7900GS. One of the only times i recommend SLI really.

The step-up is only good conditional really but still very nice if you choose to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom