Isa server 2006 install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladax

Solid State Member
I have a VMware image of a 2003 server SP2 that I am running and I am trying to install ISA server 2006 Enterprise edition onto it as it is the only 2003 test server I have.
Not the problem I have is when I try to install it it stops about halfway through, rolls back and then says the operation was interrupted. When I look in the event log I just get an information event about MSIinstaller event ID 11708. I have looked on Technet and google but can't find anything. I have tried installing just the configuration server and both Config server and the Isa server services. Still no joy.

Does Isa have a problem installing on VMware or has anyone got any suggestions on what I can do to try fix the problem?

Oh and it might be worth mentioning that if I try install the Config Server and the ISA server services it says then in the Event log I get an error Setup failed while attempting to display the Dialog Box used to define the internal Network. ID 10103.

Thanks in advance

Well I am not sure on the Vmware but the 2k3 server and ISA is. But how is that fact going to help me fix this problem?

I would try removing your Windows Installer and Re-installing it (via windows update). We upgraded to ISA 2006 about 3 months ago at our company and tested on vmware 4.5 and all went without a hitch. That was pre-2003Sp2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom