8800gts 320mb or x1950xt 256mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7i2

In Runtime
Alright, so the question is, is the extra 70 bucks for the 8800 worth it over the 1950? Once I get a new card I plan on keeping it for at least a year to come, but with DX10 and all coming out, is the 8800 worth it over the 1950? I'll have a Brisbane 3600+ in about a week, and will that bottleneck the cards at 2.8-3.1ghz? The max resolution on my monitor's 1280x1024, and I don't plan on getting a new one, that's why I think I can keep either of these cards for at least a year, but again, is the extra 70 bucks worth it?

yes for sure the 8800gts 320 mb will last longer because it can do dx10 for future dx10 gaming goodness and better fps

That depends on your cash. If you have enough money go with the 8800GTS 320. However if you are strapped and it will be a tight fit then the X1950XT is still a powerful card.

well on that res. the gts will destroy any game right now. i would no doubt go with the gts. wen o/c'ed that much should be i'd think would bottle neck. but i would ask sumone else like sora as he could give u a better opion on the bottle necking part. but yeah get a gts and call it a day

Like Sora, said. If you have the money, go for the 8800GTS. If you are on a budget, go for the X1950XT. Either way you go, both will play games on high-max settings, on that resolution.

i wouldn't expect a bottleneck, unless ur cpu frequency is below 2.4 ghz, and most ppl who get the x2 3600+ brisbane, usually go 2.4 ghz min... i say go for it :)

I went with the 8800GTS over the 1950... I don't know much but just went with everyones recommendations. I'll be running it with a 4800+ X2.

I just figure spend the extra now because chances are I won't be upgrading for a long time.. Might as well get the best now...

if your Brisbane is somewhere around 3.0ghz (2.8-3.1) then do not worry about any kind of a bottleneck with either of those cards. A GTX would be a little different story but really when it comes down to it the so called "bottleneck" you hear all the time isn't as large as people make it to be anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom