Where to put the Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys. Okay, the motherboard i got is this one.....

Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

and if you look at the picture, it shows two colors in where the memory slot is. The ones I usually see have different colors next to each other compared to that motherboard where it has two colors of the same next to each other.

My question is, I have this memory.....

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

and where should i put each of them? Both next to each other in the same color or one on each colors? and where close to the CPU or away from it?

well, refer to the manual. but i'd try to put one on each one. put one on the green on the left, and put one on the organge on the left.
i hope some one else replies too. coz i am not very sure how this mobo works, so try to find it in the manual
good luck

Thanks for the reply. I just finished reading the manual that i downloaded from MSI's website and it said to do what you said :D

Put one on each different color :D

Thanks for the help. Now i should be ready to build this computer without having my friends come over to help me :D

It will definitely say in the manual but if you look really closely at the labels next to the slots, it will say which one is for which.

Usually the same color refers to which slots will run the memory in dual channel, so I would say next to each other in either 1&2 or 3&4..

all msi motherboards are different colors to put them into dual channel mode, argh its so annoying y can't there be a standard for goodness sakes!!!

as said its usually colour coded so chuck em in the green or orange and get ready for sum gskilly o/cing goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom